[nycphp-talk] Resize pictures before uploading

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 09:33:03 EDT 2007

On 6/20/07, Nelly Yusupova <nelly at cgim.com> wrote:

> Is there a script or any way I can resize the pictures before uploading?

We run into this kind of situation all the time with our CMS. Clients
just don't seem to get why they can't upload photos from their 9
megapixel camera to their website and then have them display properly.
Usually we have to actually show them that a 72 ppi image is something
like 24 inches wide on their 19-inch monitor, then they get it.

Assuming that these people who are uploading images are all in the
same office, or work together, then it's simple. They need to go buy
copies of Photoshop LE and you need to give them the instructions on
how to resample and resize the images before they upload them.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications