[nycphp-talk] Practical Extraction in PHP

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 11:25:28 EDT 2007

On 7/16/07, Brian Dailey <support at dailytechnology.net> wrote:

> Would it be easier to obtain the results in another fashion? If you ran
> some sort of 'df -h' on a Linux file system you could get the disk space
> from that. Are the emailed reports are your only option?

Yeah, it's probably just better to have various scripts that extract a
value in context, rather than trying to create a general system for
extracting values.

But extracting from email is particularly attractive because the email
is already coming in, so there's no remote configuration necessary.
Plus, the systems sending the reports are in many flavors of OS, some
of which I have no direct control over (such as firewall appliances).

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/