[nycphp-talk] Stripping formatting from a word document

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 15:37:49 EDT 2007

On 7/17/07, Jon Baer <jonbaer at jonbaer.com> wrote:

> I think he was asking about a .doc file directly?  Im suprised that
> manipulation of Word docs always comes up on the list + the resources are
> pretty limited.
>
> One project I found a while ago was antiword in which the sources are
> available:
>

> http://www.winfield.demon.nl/

There was a reference earlier to catdoc. The url for that project is
http://www.wagner.pp.ru/~vitus/software/catdoc/

The changelog shows slightly more recent activity than AntiWord, but I
suppose it all breaks with Office 2007 (or whatever year they're up to
in Redmond).

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/