[nycphp-talk] Stripping formatting from a word document

Greg Rundlett greg.rundlett at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 23:55:26 EDT 2007

Since OpenOffice has very good capabilities to read all Microsoft
Office file formats, you can script OpenOffice to be your
'library/utility', and in the end save to HTML, ODF, XML or whatever
you need.

There are many projects and examples that you will find for scripting
OpenOffice, and even php libraries to interface with it.

Check the presentation I did for BostonPHP
http://rundlett.com/s5/oasis
slide 16 provides a list of PHP projects, including and especially
Docvert which is probably exactly what you are asking for
http://rundlett.com/s5/oasis.html#slide16

Of course, I'd like to see more people working on these projects so
they were household names :-)