[nycphp-talk] SQL question

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Sat Jul 21 07:31:15 EDT 2007

pyurt wrote:
> David
> I have experienced similar problems in the past.
> What are you getting back? Which version PHP?

I'm getting back the rows that I want, but not in the correct order and
only by using DISTINCT, which I once was told is a nono and not needed
if I'd just do it right.
My attempt to output the columns that contain the values the reocrds are
to get sorted on ends up in being a cartesian join, which barfs up 1248
rows instead of the 26 I epxect.
I looked at about a dozen tutorials on the web and they all take the
easy way out and cover joining two tables, which is trivial.

And it has nothing to do with PHP, as the query browser gives me the
wrong results as well.

I did pop the question on the NYPHP MySQL list, but so far with only a
few answers and no success.

I'm thankful for any additional pointers.

David