[nycphp-talk] who's calling me?

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Mon Jul 23 19:08:54 EDT 2007

Rahmin Pavlovic wrote:
> Say I'm an include.  Say several templates include me into what will become
> a single web page.  How can I tell which template is calling me?

The easiest way is when the template identifies itself. I use a script
for output in two contexts and want to make sure to return to the right
place. I registered the path of the calling script with the session and
use that to figure out what to do and where to go.

There may be also a way to use the $_SERVER array, I think one element
includes the name of the calling page. I tend not use $_SERVER as it
contains different things with different names or sometimes not that
much on various servers.

David