[nycphp-talk] How to hide the status bar

Mark Armendariz lists at enobrev.com
Fri Jun 1 12:01:54 EDT 2007

AT first glance, I thought you guys were absolutely right and in my reply I
was specifically referring to the current window's status bar.  But it seems
the newer browsers don't even let you control the status bar in the popups.

The oldschool way to do it was adding a 'scrollbars=0' to the window.open
command like this:

	<head>
		<script language="javascript">
			var openWindow = function() {
				var winRef = window.open('openwindow.html',
'myWindow', 'status=0, width=200, height=200, menubar=0, toolbar=0,
location=0, scrollbars=0');
			};
		</script>
	</head>
		<script
language="javascript">document.getElementById('windowHandle').onclick =
openWindow;</script>

But I just tested this in IE 7.latest and FF
2.whatever.i.downloaded.yesterday and everything is gone except the status
bar.  I'm betting this is an even bigger deal now that these browsers tend
to show https status and other such security warnings in the status bar.

Unless there's another way to open a window, I'd say you can't do it in a
new window anymore.

Mark