[nycphp-talk] filewhatevertime for Windows folder

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Mon Jun 18 11:11:56 EDT 2007

Hi!

I want to do some housekeeping and wipe a bunch of folders of a drive
that were not used in the past 24 hours. I get the current timestamp,
subtract the seconds for a day, and then use fileatime of the folder to
make a determination.
To my surprise, the fileatime appears to be always more recent than the
timestamp from 24 hours ago, which means that none of the folders get
whacked, although they are four of five days old.

Is it better to use filemtime? Or something totally different? The
script will run exclusively against a file server running Windows, which
probably makes a difference.

Any advice? I really don't want to track file access of my system in a
database table or such.

David