[nycphp-talk] DB Schema for storing revision history?

Steve Francia steve.francia at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 18:47:07 EDT 2007

If it is just for a single document you can do it pretty easily with just
sql (mysql).

Make a document table and a version table.
The document table would have the shell of what a document was (title, etc).

The version table would have the document_id, content and the mod_date and
author_id.

To get a document just do a join on the most recent version. All the other
solutions would require support outside of the application, which could
cause scalability problems down the road.