[nycphp-talk] POST request

Matteo Rinaudo matteo.rinaudo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 22:29:33 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Is the maximum size allowed for a POST request 2 gigabytes? Apache 2.2
supports large files, like `not-rotated' log files *already* present
on the local file system (of the web server), but, when file uploads
are concerned, we have the following (from Apache official
documentation):

LimitRequestBody
This directive specifies the number of bytes from 0 (meaning
unlimited) to 2147483647 (2GB) that are allowed in a request body.

It looks like a different thing, not related to the Large File Support
above. As far as I have understood, Apache can only support files
larger than 2 gigabytes accessed locally, e.g. for appending data in
huge log files, and the POST is (maybe) universally fixed to 2GB.
Please tell me what you think about this. I am not able to upload
files larger than 2GB via HTTP although I have set some (valid) values
in the PHP.INI (memory_limit=3.9G, post_max_size=3.5G,
upload_max_filesize=3G). If I look at the Apache's `error_log', it
displays very weird entries, like that the size of the file I am
uploading exceeds zero or a negative value.

Thank you,

Matteo