[nycphp-talk] [OT] Yet another CSS Question

Kenneth Downs ken at secdat.com
Sat Mar 3 11:17:16 EST 2007

Peter Sawczynec wrote:
> I believe it could be appropriate to used nested divs, as in roughly:

> style="position:absolute;top:100px;left:270px;width:400px;height:300px;b
> ackground-color:#eheheh;color:#333333;">

This was my first approach.  However, there is a ripple effect to take
into consideration.

In my case I was dealing with some custom content nested about 8 levels
in on a template that I downloaded from somebody else.  When you use the
position: absolute, you must take into consideration the parent element,
so then I'd go change that, messing up the template, and trying to fix
it would just start breaking more stuff.

That was my motivation for a construction that was free-standing, that
would not require any settings in the containing element.

--
Kenneth Downs
Secure Data Software, Inc.

::Think you may have a problem with programming? Ask yourself this
::question: do you worry about how to throw away a garbage can?