[nycphp-talk] de-moronizing an Excel sheet

David Mintz vtbludgeon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 14:04:22 EST 2007

Hey everyone,

Is anyone familiar with this Spreadsheet_Excel_Reader class?

I need to import Excel to MySQL. This class seems promising -- I have
started playing and can get the data into PHP, no problem. Except that the
single quotes, double quotes, em dashes, et cetera are wreaking havoc. Does
anyone know of any solution? I see there are setOutputEncoding() and
setUTFEncoder() methods but I am not sure whether they are what I need and
what values to pass them.

Thanks.

--
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

En Nueva York el tránsito de la belleza a la desolación sucede siempre
expeditivamente, como si el principio universal de máxima eficiencia hubiera
aconsejado la supresión de gradaciones intermedias.

  -- Antonio Muñoz Molina, Ventanas de Manhattan