[nycphp-talk] Thoughts on using JavaScript with no progressive fall-back

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 10:44:34 EST 2007

On 3/5/07, Paul Houle <paul at devonianfarm.com> wrote:
> It always seems that it's the gatekeepers of life who run
> funky web browsers. It will be the people at your next job interview,
> the venture capitalists, the thesis advisor, the people on the grant
> committee, who have cookies or Javascript turned off in their web browser.

+1 brilliant insight.

I'll add that they typically have slower-than-normal internet
connections, unusual screen resolutions, and strange font size
defaults in their browsers. Or a projector that can't display certain
colors.

If anyone on this list is an executive, and you haven't set traps for
unsuspecting techies, you're really missing out on some good fun. Just
delete Verdana from your computer and watch what happens at the next
application demo!

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/