[nycphp-talk] One more question about Friendly URLS

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Thu Mar 8 18:21:16 EST 2007

Kenneth Downs ken-at-secdat.com |nyphp dev/internal group use| wrote:

> Tom Melendez wrote:
>
>>> Using an absolute path gets you none of the troubles you mentioned with
>>> relative path, and none of the caching problems you'd get with an
>>> absolute URL.
>>

>> The only trouble I have found with absolute paths is that it makes the
>> assumption of DocumentRoot and where your files are to it.  If all of
>> your environments (dev, staging, qa, production, running off media,
>> whatever) are set up the same way, no problems.
>

> Yup, this is the only problem.
>
> I think however I might be ok.  Andromeda tracks the directories that
> apps are in and can make that known to the app, so it can add the
> directory to the domain name itself.  Now that I've got the theory
> down this should be easy enough to do.

ZF has a config as well.

Your web server traffic log file is the most important source of web business information available. Do you know where your logs are right now? Do you know who else has access to your log files? When they were last archived? Where those archives are? --John Andrews Competitive Webmaster and SEO Blogging at http://www.johnon.com