[nycphp-talk] Microsoft Access application conversion recommendations

Susan Shemin susan_shemin at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 20:59:29 EST 2007

Hey, Timothy,

Do you only want to convert it to a MySQL database?  If so, each access table is just an MS Office table (same as an Excel spreadsheet).  You can export each table into a CSV file from Access and create each field name as a MySQL field and just import the data into MySQL as importing a CSV file in PHPMyAdmin.

If you want to keep it as an Access database, I know it can be done.  I googled PHP MSAcess and here's two links:

http://www.configure-all.com/php_access.php

http://www.web-max.ca/PHP/odbc_2.php