[nycphp-talk] DST & cron jobs running an hour late

Néstor rotsen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:47:49 EDT 2007

I am using php 4.3.2
I had to do the following to have my date show up correct
but I have to remember to change it bac on NOv 4th 2007 (yack!!!)

// echo date("F j, Y, g:i a"); //this line does what the next 3 line of code
do
                                        //except that the date is wron gby
1hour
   $today = getdate();
   $mydate = $today['month'] . " " . $today['mday'] . ", " . $today['year']
. ", " . ($today['hours'] + 1) . ":" . $today['minutes'] ;
   echo $mydate . "<br>\n";

I tried setting the time.zone but it did nothing and it complaint when I
tried
to use date_default_timezone_set() because that is a php 5 function

I need to find a better solution!!!

Thanks,

Néstor :-)*
*