[nycphp-talk] Howto create custom URLs

Ben Sgro (ProjectSkyline) ben at projectskyline.com
Mon Mar 19 10:44:08 EDT 2007

Hello All,

Currently I have a software package that creates URLS in this manner:
myhost.com/index.php?act=700&eventid=4e732ced3463d06de0ca9a15b6153677

Which is the action to take and event id (md5 hash).

Now, I want to make this a bit more user friendly and create URLs like:
myhost.com/MayEvent07

Is this done via an apache mod? or can I do this in PHP ... The app is developed on my company server,
so special configurations are not a problem. However, its a software product, that will be deployed on hosting
company servers, so I'm not sure if I will have the ability to run apache mods (if that's the answer).

Thanks!

- Ben

ProjectSkyline.com
Ben Sgro - Chief Engineer