[nycphp-talk] Source code escrow: Any experience?

Ken kenzolist at counterfolk.com
Fri Mar 30 16:53:47 EDT 2007

Have any of you dealt with any source code escrow firms?  A couple of organizations I work with are interested in this subject.

The various interests include putting source code into escrow to be released if:
- Development company fails to finish delivering on agreement;
- Development company stops maintaining software in the future;
- Development company goes bankrupt;
- Developer dies.

I've found the subject interesting myself.  Does anyone have any suggested companies who do source code escrow, or other suggested approaches to handle these concerns?

I've found various companies listed online, but I'm curious to hear about personal experiences (with escrow companies or with other approaches).

Thanks!

- Ken