[nycphp-talk] How to sort a multi-dimensional array by a given key?

Timothy Boyden tboyden at supercoups.com
Mon May 7 11:30:09 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I have a multi-dimensional array such as:

$franchises['SCID1'] = SCNYC
$franchises['SCID1']['BusinessName'] = SuperCoups of NY City
$franchises['SCID1']['DistanceFromCustomer'] = 20
$franchises['SCID2'] = SCBUFF
$franchises['SCID2']['BusinessName'] = SuperCoups of Buffalo
$franchises['SCID2']['DistanceFromCustomer'] = 10

How can I sort this array so the businesses are sorted by the
DistanceFromCustomer key?

Thanks for the help in advance,

Tim
---------------------------

Timothy Boyden

Network Administrator

tboyden at supercoups.com

SuperCoups(r)

350 Revolutionary Drive | E. Taunton, MA 02718

508-977-2034  | www.supercoups.com <http://www.supercoups.com/>

We Support Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation,

"Fighting Childhood Cancer One Cup At A Time"

Donations Accepted at: www.firstgiving.com/SuperCoups

Local Coupons. Super Savings.(r)