[nycphp-talk] Flexible Forms & How to store them...

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Tue May 15 15:11:22 EDT 2007

Brian Dailey wrote:
> This looks like what I'll ultimately be doing. I played around with some
> SQL queries and what I ended up with was similar to this - joining the
> table for each data value that I wanted to look up (and since I expect a
> matching data value, I don't even have to LEFT JOIN everything, which
> speeds it up significantly).
>
> Thanks for all of your help and suggestions!

Here is another one...some time ago I had to run a report that crossed a
few tables and should do sorting and all kinds of other neat stuff.
Since my SQL knowledge is limited, I created a temporary table and
worked off that. That ended up being fairly easy and I could run any
other subsequent SQL against that table. I have no idea what the speed /
performance impact is as the app was not used by that many clients at
the same time as that this issue would have surfaced.

David