[nycphp-talk] shell exec

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Thu May 24 10:41:12 EDT 2007

On Wed, 23 May 2007, Michael Novak wrote:

>       I am trying to run a foundation tool on os x through the shell
> exec script.  It is not working though. I have successfully run other
> command line functions and it worked. I then copy and pasted the
> command call in the php script into the terminal thinking there could
> be a typo but it worked in the terminal.
>
> Is there something I am missing?

You may recall, that PHP scripts run under the same username as the user
running the Apache server. So, any scripts you run from a PHP script will
run as that user and not as you.

Therefore it could be permissions or some other issue that does not allow
the script to run. You could look through your web server error logs and
see if any messages are logged there.

--
Aj.