[nycphp-talk] IDE recommendations

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.com
Fri May 25 10:23:31 EDT 2007

Not sure what OS but ... It may or may not work for you, but going
the reverse route of lightweight editors and FirePHP is a good free
simple route.  Originally I felt the same that the more tools in an
IDE the better and was excited about the idea of a DB query tool in
the IDE but things really slow down after that.

A new OS X editor for PHP that is pretty nice is Coda.  No Windows
clone yet.

Linkage
http://www.firephp.org/Reference/Documentation/Introduction.htm
http://www.panic.com/coda/

Other lightweights for Win ...
http://www.e-texteditor.com
http://intype.info

It would be nice to see a "How I Work" section on nyphp.org for IDE
recommendations.  I feel the topic comes up alot w/ good pros and cons.

- Jon