[nycphp-talk] IDE recommendations

Mark Armendariz lists at enobrev.com
Fri May 25 11:50:52 EDT 2007

Have you tried Zend's Eclipse IDE?  I know there's another one out there
which I tried a while ago - unhappily.  Been using PDT for about 6 months
now.  Still a ways to go until 1.0, but I'm a fan.  Especially with the SVN
and Mylar plugins since I use Trac.  The debugger is pretty good (proper
breakpoints - including conditional breakpoints - in the ide), though a bit
slow at times.
http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/index.php

At least you can see their progress in bugzilla, much unlike the zend ide.
Oh, and it's open source, which is always fun.

Still hoping to dive into vi/m some day (beyond the basics).  Seems so
damned powerful if you've the time to beat the learning curve.

Mark