[nycphp-talk] $_SERVER

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Sun May 27 13:30:45 EDT 2007

Jon Baer wrote:
>  From what I recall this depends on what's thrown into it @ the SAPI
> handler level which you can view via source ...
>
> http://lxr.php.net/source/php-src/sapi/
> http://lxr.php.net/source/php-src/sapi/apache2handler/sapi_apache2.c
> http://lxr.php.net/source/php-src/sapi/isapi/php5isapi.c

Thanks, but are you sure about that being a PHP dependent thing? As
mentioned earlier I walked into the trap with EnginSrv, which is fairly
similar to IIS. I used the exact same PHP binaries on EnginSrv as well
as Apache and $_SERVER was different.
And in NuSphere I replaced their stripped down stock PHP version with
the one from Luckasoft (which comes straight from php.net) and $_SERVER
is different in each instance using the internal server and different
again when using Apache.
It seems to be server app dependent and PHP just packages up anything it
can get into a nice array. Or is that what you wanted to point out? I'm
not that versed in reading C code. :(

David