[nycphp-talk] Learning SQL - Resources & Recommendations

Peter Sawczynec ps at sun-code.com
Sun Nov 4 19:37:49 EST 2007

Several of the big expert books mentioned are well worth reading, but
after all those massive reading efforts the only generic SQL book I keep
at the ready is:

"Teach Yourself SQL in 10 Minutes" Publisher: SAMS.

This tiny book moves real fast from simple to complex selects (including
joins, subqueries and views) showing with crsip examples how to
integrate things like wildcards, IN, NOT, OR, HAVING, and GROUP BY into
a query and always stressing the logical order in which they should
correctly appear.

It is an excellent uncomplicated fast-read primer for the real beginner
and like I said acts as instant refresher for a more advanced user too.

Warmest regards,

Peter Sawczynec
Technology Dir.
Sun-code Interactive