[nycphp-talk] Injection Attack, any ideas?

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Sat Nov 17 00:39:42 EST 2007

Mike:

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 12:31:17PM +0800, mikesz at qualityadvantages.com wrote:

> I just noticed that this client has been getting regular injection
> attacks that have been failing because it is a comment spammer and the
> INSERT query is failing on a duplicate key error.

A delayed FYI:

The term "injection attack" generally means "SQL injection attack", hence
so many people here talking about properly escaping data heading to your
database.  Sometimes it means "HTML injection attack", leading to others
talking about how to escape HTML when generating pages.

Sounds like your issue turned out to be a plain old bug / programming
logic flaw.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/