[nycphp-talk] Multi-server DB config caching strategy

Cliff Hirsch cliff at pinestream.com
Thu Oct 4 15:30:36 EDT 2007

I¹m understand caching and packages like cachelite, etc. What perplexes me
is how to update a cache in a multi-server, one database environment. Say I
cache config data from the database on each server. If I update config info
in the database, how would I propagate this out to each server. Essentially,
how would I invalidate each cache?

Normally, a cache routine checks for an expire time against a file. But what
is the equivalent with a database? Create a last updated field? Perhaps
there¹s a last updated flag in the db?

Ideas?

Cliff Hirsch