[nycphp-talk] [OT] FFMPEG & LAME

Ben Sgro (ProjectSkyLine) ben at projectskyline.com
Wed Oct 10 10:56:54 EDT 2007

Hello,

Good points.

I've gotten ffmpeg to work on the .avi's, but I've yet to try it on .mpeg's.

I'll take a look into the credit based conversion.
I haven't noticed problems w/the sample video, but I've only done a few.
I won't start seeing problems until other people are using it. = ]

> Also, please note that FLVTOOL is very important in making flash videos.
> Basically, without getting technical(cause I have no clue what it is),
> the flv file you get from ffmpeg is gonna be one loooong file where you
> have to start at the beginning and go to the end to view a file.  No fast
> forwarding, no rewinding.

I don't seem to be having that problem w/the converted videos.
We have a flash player we've developed ourselves.

 They use similar programs and run into the same
> problems - so if you can demonstrate that Youtube can't convert the video,
> you will find people a lot more understanding of why their free/low cost
> app won't do it.

Great point.

> with ffmpeg when it becomes economically justifiable(ie you are willing to
> put the hours in to troubleshooting again and again when problems crop
> up).

Wish I knew what a problem it was before I fell into the trap of deliverying
a working application.

Thanks!

- Ben

Ben Sgro, President
ProjectSkyLine - Defining New Horizons
+1 718.487.9368 (N.Y. Office)

Our company: www.projectskyline.com
Our products: www.project-contact.com

This e-mail is confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed.