[nycphp-talk] $_REQUEST: Bad Form?

Brian D. brian at realm3.com
Fri Oct 12 13:00:01 EDT 2007

I can't find where I read it originally, but somewhere I've been told
or read that "using $_REQUEST is bad form." I understand that in cases
where you want to force a $_POST request, but if you might receive
$_GET or $_POST then isn't is better than doing if/elses?

The only related thing I could find on Google was this guy (
http://mypetprogrammer.com/blog/?p=15 ) but he seems to erroneously
believe that using $_POST somehow saves you from a SQL injection
attack.

I'm also thinking that some servers don't use the $_REQUEST array.

Can you define why it's bad form? When is it considered acceptable to use?

Thanks!
- B.