[nycphp-talk] Framework SIG lists?

Kenneth Downs ken at secdat.com
Fri Oct 19 15:46:47 EDT 2007

Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> On 10/19/07, Jon Baer <jonbaer at jonbaer.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just curious, is there any interest out there to maybe(?) create
>> local framework-specific lists (SIGs) around CakePHP, Zend, Symfony,
>> etc.  Or would it be better to just post to Talk w/ something in the
>> subject [Zend] to signify the topic better or would that annoy everyone?
>>

> I like the subject idea and will do it anyway in the hopes others find
> it helpful.
>
> Another idea - why not have one NYPHP meet centered around frameworks,
> and have a framework-fest of sorts? I'd love to see a handful of
> people talk about their experiences, compare notes with others and see
> what some of the advantages/disadvantages are between them.

Boston PHP was going to do this and ultimately decided against it.
Maybe Mark Withington will chime in here and tell us something about why.

I think it came down to logistics.  You really need a few hours for
this, with refreshments, because people are going to be settling in and
coding.  Restaurants and bars are out of the question, the venue has to
allow us to stay into the late hours if people get really involved.

> -- Mitch
>
> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
> http://www.nyphpcon.com

Kenneth Downs