[nycphp-talk] VMWare

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 17:43:17 EDT 2007

What kind of hardware will you be running on? I presume you're talking about
ESX INfrastructure, and not VMware Server, yes?

What hosted OS do you want to use?

WMM

On 10/24/07, Pete Czech - New Possibilities Group, LLC <czech at npgroup.net>
wrote:

> This is a little bit off topic, but I'm wondering how the group feels
> about running servers off of VMWare.  I have a social networking site
> currently with about 1M+ uniques/mo.  Runs on php5/MySQL.  I've been
> toying with moving to servers hosted on VMWare and load balanced.
> Anyone have any experiences, pros, cons of installing such an
> architecture?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pete Czech
>
> --
>
> Pete Czech
> Lead Guru
> New Possibilities Group, LLC
> http://npgroup.net
>
> 973.931.8283
> AIM: PJCzech

> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
> http://www.nyphpcon.com

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2