[nycphp-talk] opening files

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Sun Oct 28 10:08:17 EDT 2007

At 9:31 AM -0400 10/26/07, Anthony Wlodarski wrote:
>I believe the simple way would to be to store a path in a database.

I don't agree with that for a couple of reasons. One) redundant data;
Two) what path? The path you're using today or the one you change to
later?

I think it is far better practice to just store the names in the dB
and then to provide the path as needed. That way you can move your dB
and files anywhere you want without having to rewrite the paths in
your dB -- and you don't have that redundant path to the file name
appearing throughout your data.

Cheers,

tedd

--