[nycphp-talk] AJAX and State

bz-gmort at beezifies.com bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Wed Sep 5 13:45:07 EDT 2007

tedd wrote:

> My slant, which is of no importance, is that web application
> developers have to be masters of several languages -- one won't do. At
> present, a good grasp of php, javascript, mysql, css, and ajax makes
> for good company in application development.

Hmm...has this ever not been the case?

I mean, with lotus notes I had to know:
Lotusscript, Notes Formula, Notes UI design, a little graphics editing,
and SQL
Over the years, Java and Javascript got thrown into the mix as well.

Heck, before that with my very first job(writing user interfaces in an
IBM IDE called PAS, then renamed as Visualizer, before dying) I had to know:
SQL, PAS, DB2 Query Manager, Rexx, the DB2 CLI, and C(for those
functions that PAS just did not do and we had to write specialized
interfaces for.  Like the barcode printer.  Oh was that a joy to work with!)

:-)