[nycphp-talk] AJAX and State

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Thu Sep 6 09:49:20 EDT 2007

At 9:35 PM -0400 9/5/07, John Campbell wrote:
>  > The beginning of this thread led me to suspect that someone had found
>>  a way to move data from one browser window to another and I was
>>  focusing in on that, but that turned to be false.
>
>What makes you think you can't move stuff from one window to another?
>It is completely possible so long as everything is on the same domain.
>There are ways of doing it across domains, but it is *much* more
>complicated.
>
>http://dev.gypsymaps.com/test/moveit.html
>
>Enjoy,
>
>-John Campbell

-John:

I'm not talking about server-side to client-side sessions or cookies
communication, but client-side one browser window communication to
client-side another browser window (same client obviously).

For example, if you opened:

http://webbytedd.com/c/form-calc/

and started filling in the form. And then, you opened another browser
window and went to the same url, how could you get your second window
display all the data you entered in the first window?

If you know how, then I'm all ears.

Cheers,

tedd
--