[nycphp-talk] Emailing from a PHP script

PaulCheung paulcheung at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 09:09:30 EDT 2007

Can anybody see what I am doing wrong??

I have set php.ini (as per the manual) to my email settings
======================================
[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = smtp.tiscali.co.uk
smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = paulcheung at tiscali.co.uk
I run the script and the following message appears

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at
"localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini
or use ini_set() in C:\xampp\htdocs\tp_access.php on line 61
script line 61   mail(to, subject, message, "From:
paulcheung at tiscali.co.uk");

Following the textbook example it should work - why am I directed to
localhost??