[nycphp-talk] Emailing from a PHP script

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Fri Sep 14 13:57:14 EDT 2007

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, PaulCheung wrote:

> Thanks for the solution. I've tried it and it did not work for me
> changed php.ini to reflect change rebooted my system. Don't really understand why it is necessary to download QK SMTP
> Has all my problems been something to do with XAMPP under windows??

Do you know how SMTP works? If you are trying to send through localhost,
then PHP expects to be able to connect to port 25 on localhost and talk
SMTP to it to send the email.

If you are using your ISPs mail server to send the email, then I would
test from the command-line by telnetting to port 25 if your ISPs mail
server and trying to send an email via SMTP.

If you can't connect to port 25 then I would check for things like
firewall settings or whatever "security" suite you have running.

--
Aj.