[nycphp-talk] Two part question: Shopping carts & E-commerce

Edward Potter edwardpotter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 14:23:17 EDT 2007

To the best of my knowledge I may have put one of  the first "Shopping
Carts" on the Web, I think it was back in '95-96'. I used perl is
those days. They can get VERY complex, VERY, VERY  fast - I suggest
read all the above posts, twice!

How's this one : one client wanted anything sent to Canada to be
priced double or not sent at all, depending on the mood of his
girlfriend, but only DVD items that had a romantic title, all was set
back to normal in March,  then he had a new girlfriend that lived in
California, all the Cali customers got an extra 6% off, but only on
collectible videos, not DVDs. And the inventory was in the thousands,
how do you program for that?

Yipes!

good luck  :-)
ed