[nycphp-talk] AJAX and State

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Sat Sep 22 13:09:32 EDT 2007

Daniel Convissor wrote:

> Except having a password store on one's computer that's separate from the
> browser.  There are several pieces of software that do this.

If that's integrated with the browser, sure. However if it's not, it's
too complicated. Opening a separate app, typing in its password, then
copying and pasting the username and password into the browser is too
much trouble.

Even Bruce Schneier, inventor of PasswordSafe among other things, stores
his passwords on a little piece of paper in his wallet!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/07/19/password_schneier/

I reiterate: browser-based password stores are the most secure solution
yet devised.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!