[nycphp-talk] Bizarro Bug trying to insert after using mysql_insert_row

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Tue Apr 1 22:57:48 EDT 2008

I'm pulling out the ID of the previously inserted row and then
inserting that as a lookup value in a duplicate row (two rows one for
edit mode one for published mode).

Various other places in the app this works fine and there really isn't
any reason this should be happening.

The query runs fine if I do it from within phpMyAdmin -- but from the
PHP page the query does not error out but the value in the lookup field
remains the default value (I've tried both an integer field with
default value of 0 and a varchar field with default NULL, and in both
cases the lookup id value will not save to the database).

Anyone ever heard of this happenning before?  I've examined the working
code in other parts of this app and the related db tables and cannot
see why this is occurring.

Thanks in advance for any help!