[nycphp-talk] best practice for calling multiple queries?

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Wed Apr 2 11:49:08 EDT 2008

One thing that I've taken away from this (aside from feeling like an
idiot!) is that one reason for my introduction of these bugs is a
holdover from my "ASP" coding style where I name each query $query1,
query2, etc rather than what I see in a lot of PHP code I've inherited,
where each query is simply named $query, even if there are 6 or 7 of
them on the page.

What is the accepted best practice here?  I find it very confusing to
try to read code with 16 items each named $query or $result, but
my "ASP" style code is clearly introducing other editing issues.