[nycphp-talk] Bizarro Bug -- AHA!!!!!!!

Steve Manes smanes at magpie.com
Wed Apr 2 12:14:08 EDT 2008

Daniel Convissor wrote:
> Glad you figured it out.
>
> Let me emphasize what was said in my prior email:
>
> You need to use your own function for running the SQL rather than calling
> mysql_query() directly throughout the code.  Then your central function
> can have a logging/debugging option.

I generally wrap all database calls in API functions specific to the
task being performed, i.e. get_patient_referrals_list(),
put_private_transport_segment(), update_clinic_demographic().  That way
the logging is specific to the task and any specialized processing that
needs to be done to the data can be done in one place.