[nycphp-talk] CMS - Estimating Hours

Edgar Reyes ereyes at totalcreations.com
Sun Apr 6 12:05:50 EDT 2008

Have you seen this CMS http://www.modxcms.com/ I've used it a few times, I
like it.

ER

-----Original Message-----
From: talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org [mailto:talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org] On
Behalf Of BAS
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2008 9:44 PM
To: NYPHP Talk
Subject: Re: [nycphp-talk] CMS - Estimating Hours

Josh McCormack wrote:
> I'd recommend finding some experienced person/agency to review your
> plans and work as you go along, answering questions and keeping you
> from making big mistakes. Maybe 5 hours a week.
>
> My company does Drupal dev and would do this, but I'm just trying to
> help, not pitch. So ask around, go to the local group meetings, etc
> and try to find someone to help you have a easier time.

Hi Josh,

That's certainly something I'll keep in mind, but I think I'll be okay
in the long run. It's inevitable that I'll make some mistakes, but I've
always learned the most when doing so (and I hope the folks here will be
kind enough to help me if I get completely stuck).

I padded my estimated hours by about 20% to account for unforeseen
issues, so (hopefully) that should give me sufficient wiggle room. I
have no problem working additional non-billable hours on my own time for
the sake of learning.

I'm hoping to be able to make it to the upcoming April 21st presentation
and meet up with some of the locals.

Regards,
Bev