[nycphp-talk] OT: webmaster test

Damion Hankejh (ingk) d at ingk.com
Mon Apr 14 11:57:10 EDT 2008

Fizzbuzz is an excellent test.  I would not hire a "programmer" if s/he
failed to solve Fizzbuzz in under 5 minutes in your target language(s).  I
would also allow for some minor syntax errors if the solution otherwise
worked.

Regarding CSS, the inheritance question will prove far more indicative of a
programmer's skill than the order of border attributes.  It requires a
greater depth of CSS understanding, while Google (and perhaps del.icio.us)
has become the ultimate digital cheat sheet for syntax and I do not think
developers should be slighted for leveraging them.  I also like the inline
vs. stylesheet question as it demonstrates an important grasp of style
overriding.

Damion