[nycphp-talk] Re: OT: webmaster test

Peter Sawczynec ps at sun-code.com
Thu Apr 17 08:08:04 EDT 2008

Think of the quickly growing popularity of tags on the internet which
show graphically the (expected and often unexpected) relationships
between ideas and concepts in the results of a topic search.

Or think of the movie Cube (also Cube 2, Cube 3) which is essentially
about some mathematical construct that shows that when you are
positioned inside a cube that theoretically all six of the inside walls
of your cube are simultaneously acting as the outside wall of a whole
set of cubes that are all pressed against each of the walls of your
cube. And all those cubes have more cubes pressing against their walls.
Creating this infinite expanse of cubes that are all interlocked by the
touching cube walls.

I forget even the theoretical purpose of this infinite cube construct or
why scientists have devised it, but it does seem to vividly show how
everything is connected rather infinitely and complexly. And that nature
is infinitely complex and interrelated at all levels from micro to the
massively macro scale of super complex galaxy groups that are bonded by
gravitational pull.

Bear in mind there is a known psychological profile that shows that some
people really don't want maximum success, that they purposefully
self-sabotage their maximum career success because they have deep
personal feelings that are at odds with their ambitions. Commonly, as it
turns out, on a deeply personal level many people really just don't like
the constant responsibility associated with maximum career success.  Or,
of course, many people have serious issues with money: they feel it is
dirty, not a noble objective, very material and that the desire to gain
heaps of money is a bad reflection on their otherwise more pure personal
ethic. And if money was a bitter family contention when one was a child,
those bittersweet memories may make many like kryptonite in your hands.

The net net of this note is that this webmaster test discussion quickly
uncovered how everything that is going on in one's life is all
intertwined: business choices and paths, education history, friendship
model, the feng shui of your home and neighborhood, even your health
issues and how you eat, how you decide to express and present yourself,
even how you deal with your sleeping dreams: all these matters are
interrelated and affecting the moment by moment outcome of everything in
your life. (Did you know it has been shown that people who sleep next to
each other affect the content each other's dreams, even causing each
other's dreaming to start and stop in harmony.)

One may need to look into many aspects of their life to find where is
the crux of the current obstacle/problem/issue(s) at hand: is the
stumbling block here in the task that is before me or over there where I
never eat right at breakfast and then I cannot concentrate. Or eating
too little for extended periods makes me somewhat grouchy and sharp
tongued causing me to appear flinty with coworkers when not intended. Or
is a toothache I don't correct distracting me at all times...

The webmaster test thread shows clearly how everything (seems like
everything) is interrelated and you cannot discuss or look for the
answer to an issue within a single sphere of life/business. Look a layer
up or down, look a strata to the left. It is all a sliding scale of
grays, even what appears black and white is just real dark and very
light gray.

Peter