[nycphp-talk] Why IT Sucks

Jerry B. Altzman jbaltz at altzman.com
Thu Apr 17 15:52:16 EDT 2008

on 2008-04-17 15:46 Tim Lieberman said the following:
> Why people insist on on-site work is a bit beyond me.  If you're willing

Because, well, sometimes hard and fast specs aren't available, and
working face to face with someone allows better communication.
It's as simple and as profound as that.

> probably worth it to have them on-site.  But anyone with 5+ years solid
> development experience should be allowed to work how they work best.
> That way, you get the best bang for you buck, IMO.

That may work well, if there are well-defined tasks and little change.
With many moving parts, it becomes harder.
Your mileage may vary.

> -Tim

//jbaltz
--
jerry b. altzman        jbaltz at altzman.com     www.jbaltz.com
thank you for contributing to the heat death of the universe.