[nycphp-talk] Re: OT: webmaster test

Urb LeJeune urb at e-government.com
Fri Apr 18 10:26:42 EDT 2008

>And that is my point. As mentioned in other emails, the BSEE program I
>randomly picked as it was one of the top results from Google asked
>for a total
>of 132 credits and from those 60 credits that were basically labeled as
>non-major courses, so that is about half of all course work required. I know
>that this differs from school to school, but as mentioned I attended a
>university that asked for 150 credits on-major course work, yet I
>got the same
>BSEE degree. But am I that wrong in thinking that I got a better engineering
>education?

         You may be comparing apples and oranges. Some schools use
quarter semesters
which are 12 week semesters. The most common are 16 week semesters. So 150
quarter hours would be equivalent to 112 semester hours.

         You mentioned Drexal, I believe they use quarter hours.

Urb

Dr. Urban A. LeJeune, President
E-Government.com
609-294-0320  800-204-9545