[nycphp-talk] [OT?] inconsistent html email display

David Mintz david at davidmintz.org
Fri Apr 18 13:54:04 EDT 2008

I'm not styling with class attributes, but I am linking to my own stylesheet
via fully qualified URL -- is that a crime or something? Anyway, the
problematic snippet looks like this (sorry for the extreme boringness of the
content):

<caption style="font-weight:bold">Interpreting Assignment Information</caption>

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 12:13 PM, csnyder <chsnyder at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 11:56 AM, David Mintz <david at davidmintz.org>
> wrote:
>
> > I had a user complain that the data column was empty on Yahoo! with IE
> 7.
> > She forwards the offending message to my own Yahoo, and it displays (in
> > Firefox 2).
>
> I wonder if Yahoo! is sending different stylesheets to IE and Firefox.
> I know I do.
>
> Are you using class attributes for styling? Could Y!s styles be
> cascading into your html content? Weird.
>
> --
> Chris Snyder
> http://chxo.com/
>
> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
> http://www.nyphpcon.com

David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

The subtle source is clear and bright
The tributary streams flow through the darkness