[nycphp-talk] [OT?] inconsistent html email display

BAS lists at nopersonal.info
Sat Apr 19 02:07:42 EDT 2008

David Mintz wrote:
> I'm not styling with class attributes, but I am linking to my own
> stylesheet via fully qualified URL -- is that a crime or something?

Hi David,

I'll second what John said--yes, external stylesheets are evil and will
give you nothing but grief in HTML emails.

CSS support in HTML email is highly unpredictable & buggy--much more so
than in browsers, and it's only gotten worse with the advent of Outlook
2007.

The best resource I know of is at:
http://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/archives/2007/04/a_guide_to_css_support_in_emai_2.html

It contains an accurate, up-to-date, exhaustive list of CSS support in
all major email clients (PC & Mac), as well as the webmail-based stuff
like GMail, Windows Live Mail, etc.

Bev