[nycphp-talk] Re: OT: webmaster test

Urb LeJeune urb at e-government.com
Sat Apr 19 08:09:20 EDT 2008

>So someone who has degrees in Computer Science has not undergone
>"specialized study"?

         Of course they do. We have things like "professional baseball players"
which to me is a joke. To me, and I'm only speaking for myself, professionalism
also implies ongoing. Virtually all profession have a specified number of
required annual hours that must be spent on keeping current with the state-of-
the-art.

         I'm not trying to be an elitist but rather a pragmatist. A
have a cousin
who drive an 18 wheeler for a living. He makes about $90K a year. Would
you consider him a professional? There are people in the construction
trades making over $100K a year, likewise, are they professionals? There
is an elusive ingredient in what most people consider professionalism.

Urb

Urb

Dr. Urban A. LeJeune, President
E-Government.com