[nycphp-talk] Re: OT: webmaster test

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Sun Apr 20 15:40:39 EDT 2008

At 9:24 AM -0700 4/20/08, Kristina Anderson wrote:
>The bottom line is, whatever we have to do to increase the status and
>prestige of our profession, we have to do.

The only things you have to do is: a) to be good at what you do; b)
help others; c) and be humble (my hardest) -- the rest will follow.

As for status and prestige -- who cares? Been there, done that, and
it doesn't matter nor help. Either people are going to hold you in
esteem, or not. But, there's nothing you can do change their view
except be as good as you can be. It helps if you don't place too much
value in what other people think. The only people you have to answer
to are your clients -- as it should be.

>The only problem is that
>getting a roomful of programmers to AGREE on anything has never been
>done before!!! :)

That's where you're looking at this the wrong way -- it's not what's
new in programming, but rather a new way to apply programming to the
real world.

For example, I was the first nationally recognized micro-computer
programmer to find oil with my software. I could go on with my
accomplishments, but there's no need to bore anyone. If you're
interested, please review my resume on my site.

It's not the method, but the application that's new.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------